You must know the feeling: 10 a.m., you’re already a nervous third cup of coffee, and your head is a mess instead of any sensible thoughts. You’re exhausted – physically, mentally, and emotionally – and completely indifferent to the things that used to make you happy. Motivation? Forget it. Irritability? Sure. Dealing with important work issues? No, just playing NationalCasino.com/fr/Casino/slots and watching Netflix movies.
Signs of Emotional Burnout
Burnout can occur in any intensely repetitive job, even if you love it. When you have invested a lot emotionally in a short period of time or when expectations do not coincide with the received result. The same applies when some too difficult tasks are set.
You know how they say that at the time when we want to drink water, the body is already dehydrated to some extent. It is necessary to start drinking water before the thirst arises. So it is with burnout. Sometimes you don’t realize right away that your energy is rapidly running out, but only while lying on the couch with an indifferent look, flicking the buttons of the remote control, in a pile of candy wrappers.
We bring ourselves to such states because we do not understand our body.
Signs that may indicate emotional exhaustion:
- Annoying people. Both close people and complete strangers, for example, on the street, on the screen of a gadget. You have become often critical and judgmental of those around you. In this connection, there is no desire to communicate with someone, you want to hide from everyone.
- Disorder of the quality of sleep. It is difficult to fall asleep from your thoughts, your sleep is shallow, with frequent awakenings or no sleep at all. In the morning, when you open your eyes, you have no desire to get up, you have a feeling of brokenness from the beginning of the day. The overloaded nervous system has not been relaxed during the night, the body does not recover and rest well.
- Eating disorders. Either you don’t want to eat at all, or you eat everything. When cooking, meals don’t taste good and either get burnt or overcooked. As they say, you start cooking without a soul.
- Nothing pleases you. You have no desires, no dreams. Nothing appeals in stores, you don’t know what to choose, you don’t feel your needs.
- A high level of anxiety. It seems that something is about to happen. You start to get sick more often. In such a period there is an increased risk of wounds and various injuries.
- Constant tardiness. When we are out of sync with our personal flow of life, time seems to work against us. No matter how much time we set aside, we are still late. This can also include absent-mindedness, not remembering where we put things, losing things.
- It’s a mess. And this is not a case where it is a conscious choice. Some people exist quite organically in clutter. But when it’s depressing and there’s no energy to put things in order, it’s a sign of a dramatic decrease in life energy.
When we have determined that something is going wrong, we need to understand why and what to do about it.
How to Forget About Burning Out
A Number of Things to Do
A lot of unfinished work especially takes away the energy. It is necessary to write out all the tasks that need to be solved or completed, and analyze them. Think about how you can reduce the list, for example, by dividing responsibilities with someone or completely transferring some tasks to other hands. Allocate a certain day for some particular thing, for example: all next Wednesday you will monitor where you will travel with your family, the same day you close the issue and do not think about it anymore.
Resentments and Unspoken Words
Where our attention is, and there is energy. Usually, the one who wronged us takes up most of our attention. It drains us, takes our energy. Where there is resentment, there is no room for love and energy. Where there is resentment, there are always shoulders slumped. To protect ourselves from the devastating effects of resentment, we must admit it to ourselves. This feeling can be a force for self-improvement or self-destruction. Write letters to the offending person. Don’t blame the offender, but praise him. Look at why he’s doing this, what he’s showing you. Think about what you are doing wrong and how you can change it.
Lack of Awareness
Tell yourself, “I am,” “I exist.” The world is safe and friendly to you. After all, you are the world, the universe, temporarily clothed in a body. This feeling requires some reflection, removal of the rush, time alone with yourself.
The desire to do everything perfectly is very exhausting. Allow yourself sometimes to do something worse than usual. It won’t make it worse, and you’ll have time for something else.
Admit to yourself that some things are beyond your control and you cannot do everything. This is okay. The next time you set tasks, consider your individual characteristics, and how much you can really do while remaining a happy person.
The Task Is out of Your Depth
Sometimes one notion of some big project can put you down temporarily. But as one famous rule of thumb says, you don’t have to eat the elephant whole. You can divide it into pieces and eat it gradually. It will even be more aesthetically pleasing that way.
The Lines Between Rest and Work Are Blurred
When a person does not know how to rest and is constantly occupied with something, then at some point he is sure to burn out a lot. Learn not to get bogged down in things and switch in time. Determine the time of work, so that the lack of regime does not consume you.
And what to do, if there is no energy and forces in a body, and there is a desire only to lie? Lie down. Deny yourself, feel sorry for yourself. But if you don’t want to give up completely, you will have to have an honest conversation with yourself.